Friday, February 14, 2014

Protective Style

Protective Style.... CurlyNikki.com defines it as any style that protects your hair from physical, chemical and environmental disturbances. I personally describe it as a way to not be bothered by this mane of mines which will allow me to sleep in longer. This is why.....

I am BACK!!!!! Yep 9 hours of labor equals to 8 weeks of an extra 30 minutes of sleep. That's a whole 20 hours of sleep. I call it a great trade off. 


I have been mentally formatting my regimen while wearing braids. In the past I didn't wash my braids. But hunnnnnyyyy... Call it age but I can't STAND going more than two weeks without water touching this scalp. My plan is simple.... Co-wash these mugs with my TraderJoes conditioner....then rinse these bay boys with an ACV rinse and my finally step will be applying Kimmaytube leave in conditioner. That stuff makes my hair feel magnificent. 

I hope to leave them in for the entire 8 weeks. I have fallen short in the past by 2 weeks. At 8 weeks I will take them out, deep condition and rebraid them for another 8 weeks. 

I will continue to take my biotin and multivitamins. 
When I first began to take the Biotin, I had my braids... My face broke out something fierce. I must admit my water intake was not good. When I took my braids out and began to take them... My nails were hard has hell and my hair grew. I will admit I was taking 2 of the Biotin pills which was 5000 mcg. THIS time I will only take one 2500 mcg and keep my water intake up which is 3 of these filled. 

I promise I will not disappear this time. Instead will blog about stuff more than hair. I do have another blog but trying to flip between them is more time than I can spare. 

Till next post... LOVE, PEACE, AND CURLS

No comments:

Post a Comment