Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Curl Box vs Curl Collection


My hair journey has introduced me to something amazing. Monthly subscriptions of hair products.  I'm sure you are wondering....... Why two subscriptions???? The reason is simple.... They are very different. 



curlBOX:

CurlBOX is a monthly subscription that cost twenty-five dollars a month. The box has one... sometimes two full size bottles of products. Curl box contain several brands in one box including sample sizes of products. The box I am displaying is the February Anniversary box. This is my third box.  My first was cool and the second was contained four full size products of the Clear New You line. I will be honest, I planned to end my subscription with CurlBOX but changed my mind when I found out the anniversary box was next. I am low key happy I kept it for another month because there are some interesting things in this box I wanna try. 

My research of CurlBOX was not that impressive. YouTube subscriber didn't have to many good things to say about the box or the owner. Many you tubers were not happy about the many sample sizes which is not enough product for their hair. Now I will agree, the sample sizes can be challenging if you have a very full and long mane of hair. At this current time, I don't have that problem so samples will suffice. The other major complaint is that the products are not all "natural". CurlBOX products of choice have all the "bad" stuff "they" say we should not use in our hair. Again... at this time I'm not going hard in the paint about this. Eventually I will.... Just not now. 

Curl Collection:
......... I am not sure where to begin. I stumbled upon this company on Instagram. The slogan that grabbed my attention is," We are ingredient snobs." Not gonna lie, I was intrigued by this statement. So y'all know where I went.... You tube. I was so damn impressed by the reviews. Curl Collection box contain full size products of the same line. What is even MORE impressive is that the products are not big box products that can be found at your local Walgreens, CVS or Target. These products are from small  businesses that are not as accessible. Now.....it just so happened to be a complete coincident that the box I am displaying is also Curl Collection anniversary box. 

What sold me sold me is that Curl Collection is a bi- monthly subscription for thirty-five dollars every other month. The month in-between you receive your box.  In these budget conscious days.... That is a winner.... More like home run. The idea of the same product is sheer genius. I have learned that most products are made to work together.  You must allow your hair time to adjust to new products.  This is why sending full size products are......are..... Hell I dunno... the brain child of Einstein himself. Every other month will allow me the time it use the products and really decide if my hair like it or not. 

I have to take a minute and give a shot out to the Curl Collection customer service. I DO NOT display patience when it come to UPS or USPS. NOPE I have none. Curl Collection and I were having a little bit of a problem due to that ice storm Atlanta experienced. The package was mailed late, then my address wasn't complete...THEN the damn update was not in the system. Compound that with no patience....I was one irritated customer. But they were excellent and answered my emails very timely.  Lord knows I know I was a bother....I would have cut my own subscription off.  The Curl Collection staff was great. 

If you have some extra change in your budget I would suggest a subscription one of these boxes. Which one is totally up to you. 

Till next time...peace, love and curls.














No comments:

Post a Comment