Sunday, April 27, 2014

Design Essentials


So lets talk about this hair. I don't know where to begin. I have been in search of products for my hair that will make my daily life easier.  I know being natural is not easy but I knew there had to be a better way. You must understand that I wake up at 3:45 am for work and if I must do my hair that means I wake up at 3:30am. What do I mean by "DO" my hair??? I mean taking down perm rods on twisted hair, untwisting and fixing my fro.

In the beginning I would do my hair every night. I didn't like the constant manipulation. I had to find products that will work for my hair. This product search resulted in my subscriptions to Curlbox and Curl Collection. However, my hair was not impressed by the products. 

I went to a Natural Hair and Health Expo here in Los Angeles this month. I was honestly about to leave because it was so unbelievably crowded. While my friend was fighting her way to the front of the Design Essential booth,  I was off gasping for air.

Now, I had never heard of this product but what caught my attention was one of the ladies with hair just like mines looking FIERCE!!!! I had to know what did she use??? I maneuvered my way to my friend and right in front of the lady with the fierce hair. My question....What do you use ??? After a lengthy conversation, This is what she suggested. 

Design Essential Natural Twist and Set Setting Lotion.
On clean with nothing but my oil, I spray the setting lotion on sectioned hair. The smell is wonderful it has a fruity smell that almost make me wanna have a cocktail.
Product Claim: Design Essentials® Natural Twist & Set Setting Lotion is a ready to use, quick drying setting lotion suitable for curly to tightly coiled natural textures. Infused with essential botanicals like Jojoba and Olive Oil and vitamins and proteins, such as Panthenol and Silk Amino-Acids, theNatural Twist & Set Setting Lotion conditions, moisturizes and adds luminous shine to the hair while nourishing and visibly improving manageability. The Natural Twist & Set Setting Lotion provides a medium hold, easy detangling and styling versatility for natural hair.
Ingredients (Top Five): Water (Aqua), Polyquaternium 11, Cetyl Triethylmonium Olivate Dimethicone PEG-8 Succinate, Polysorbate 20, Dimethicone Copolyol








Design Essentials Natural Daily Moisturizing Lotion


The smell of this product is AWESOME. Its has fruity smell which is not strong but fragrant enough that I want to keep smelling it. The slip this product provides is life changing. I have not found anything that gave me this type of slip. Truthfully I thought slip was some type of urban legend naturals only heard about but could not find. WELL...I found it. It smooth out my hair and detangles so well I swear the tangles melt like butter. Nowhere does this claim to be a detangler but it works wonders on tangled hair.
Product Claim: Moisturizes and defines curls while controlling frizz for non-chemically treated hair.
Defines and revitalizes curls 
Softens hair and control frizz 
Provides long lasting shine 
Can be used on wet or dry hair 
Ideal for all hair textures
Ingredients (Top Five): Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Acetamide MEA, Stearalkonium Chloride PA, Polyquaternium 11









Design Essentials Natural Curl Stretching Cream

Shrinkage is a major problem for this 4B chick and this stretching cream does just that...STRETCH!!! I didn't think it was possible but MAN!! Please please please do think this product has your hair to your blow-dried length. It will not do that BUT my shrinkage was not AS BAD. The smell of this product is not as fruity but still good. The product is very creamy. Not butter thick but not watery either (if that makes sense)
Product Claim: Defines curls in natural styles for curly to tightly coiled hair types.
Adds definition to extremely textured hair 
Botanicals provides excellent moisture and intense shine 
Smoothes and conditions textured hair 
Creates beautiful frizz controlled curls
Ingredients (Top Five): Water (Aqua), Prunus Amygdalus (and) Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil (Sweet Almond Butter),Glycerin, Canola Oil (and) Glycine Soja (Soybean) Germ Extract (and) Zea Mays (Corn) Starch (and) Silica, Olea Europea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Glyceryl Stearate (and) PEG-100 Stearate




I am so impress with my hair results using Design Essential that they are now my staple products. I don't feel the need to keep trying different products when I have found what my hair likes.

This picture is day 4 hair. No retwisting, simply rubbing the daily moisturizig lotion on at night before banding my hair and putting on my bonnet.

In the morning I un-band and fluff....just that simple.


My curls are soft and SUPER moisturized. I get so many compliments on my hair. These products does everything it says. 

I really wished I got the name of the young lady who suggested these products to me. I would love to thank her.  Since using these products, I have a cancelled my CurlBox subscription.

I plan to add one other product which is the Natural Almond and Avocado Detangling Leave in. I believe this will complete my post wash products.

Design Essential has a new customer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment