Saturday, March 15, 2014

March curlBOX

This has been a long ass week. I'm not gonna lie. The only thing pulling me through was the package I was expecting at the end of the week. Remember as a kid you had... Well I had the favorite aunt that lived out of state. Now just imagine that favorite aunt texting you that she has sent you a package. But before you receive the package she teases you with a hint of what's inside. Can you understand my anticipation??? My subscription to curlBOX is like that favorite aunt sending me a Christmas package.  

Fortunately for the UPS guy.... I have been so consumed by my work. I have been so exhausted coming home that I have not had time to stalk the website. But today... Friday March 14th my favorite aunt package arrived. YAY!!!!! YAY!!!! 

curlBOX is a monthly, twenty five dollar natural hair subscription. Each month you will receive different hair products with a guarantee of one full size product. My luck with curlBOX has me thinking I should play the lotto because I have received really great boxes..... But this March box.... FIYAHHHH!!!! Now I will not be able to do a review for 2 weeks. That is when I will be removing my braids. I have decided to use this line on my hair when I remove my braids. 


Where do I begin??? Hell at the gate!!!! 





Carols Daughters!!!! Yea that is what I said... CAROLS DAUGHTER!!!! And 4 full size bottles. Imma be honest... Yep I stalked curlBOX Instagram. Yes I caught the clue that this box could possibility be Carols Daughters. But never would I have ever thought it would be four full size product.  So let's break this down. 


curlBOX always has pamphlets that detail the products inside of the box. So now.... According to this month pamphlets and for those who didn't know, Carols Daughter has lunched an affordable line with Target. I have been on the hair isle at my local Target... Eyeing her product but afraid to buy anything because I had a feeling that her products would be in the March box. OKAY... Enough of my rambling.... Let's go!!!! 

Sacred Tiare Sulfate Free Shampoo
 (12 ounce bottle is $12.00 at Target ) 
Product Claim: Instantly stop shedding and frizz. For damaged, fragile , frizzy and unruly hair. No sulfates, no parabens, no mineral oils, no artificial colors and no petroleum. This sulfate-free, color-safe strengthening shampoo is a must-have to reinforce damaged hair that’s prone to breakage and frizz.


Scent: Soft scent, not to floral.

Product Packaging: Simple and clean. The pump is an added plus for easy application. 


Sacred Tiare Fortifying Conditioner: 
( 12 ounce bottle is 14.00 at Target)
Product Claim:  Instantly stop shedding and frizz. For damaged, fragile , frizzy and unruly hair. No sulfates, no parabens, no mineral oils, no artificial colors and no petroleum. The healthier your hair is, the better it can fight frizz and stay smooth. So, really fortify it with this rich conditioner that restores damaged hair that’s prone to breakage and frizz. 

Ingrediants: (Top Five) Water, Cetyl Alcohol (http://www.ehow.com/list_6899168_cetyl-alcohol-benefits-hair.html),  Stearly Alcohol (http://www.livestrong.com/article/180097-cetyl-alcohol-benefits-for-hair/),  Stearamidoprophyl Dimethylamine (http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2011/03/ingredients-dictionary-stearamidopropyl.html)  Behentrimonium Chloride(http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/search?q=behentrimonium+chloride)

Scent: Soft, not super floral

Product Packaging: Clean and Simple, Has a pump for easy application.

Sacred Tiare Leave-in Conditioner:
(8 ounce bottler is regularly 14.00. At the time of this post it was on sale for 12.00)

Product Claim: Instantly stop shedding and frizz. For damaged, fragile , frizzy and unruly hair. No sulfates, no parabens, no mineral oils, no artificial colors and no petroleum. This detangling leave-in conditioner helps add strength and control unruly hair. Made with natural moisturizers instead of silicones to truly nourish your hair and not wash away like silicones, plus it can be used every day without weighing down your hair.

Ingredients: (Top Five) Water, Polysorbate 20 ( http://chemicaloftheday.squarespace.com/todays-chemical/2010/2/2/polysorbate-20.html) PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (http://www.newdirectionsaromatics.com/peg-40-hydrogenated-castor-oil-p-2243.html)  Glycerin, Fragrance (Parfum)

Scent: Soft, light floral

Product Packaging: Spray bottle with a nice even spray.

Sacred Tiare Styling Cream:
(3 ounce bottle is 12.00 at Target.com only. Not sold in stores)

Product Claim: Instantly stop shedding and frizz. For damaged, fragile , frizzy and unruly hair. No sulfates, no parabens, no mineral oils, no artificial colors and no petroleum. This protective blow dry cream repairs as it freezes your sleek style into place as you blow-dry and flat iron so you can have unmatched control and hair that's healthier than before. 

Ingredients: (Top Five) Water, Cetearyl Alcohol (http://www.ehow.com/list_6899168_cetyl-alcohol-benefits-hair.html), Isododecane (http://www.paulaschoice.com/cosmetic-ingredient-dictionary/definition/isododecane), Propandediol ( unable find anything on this item ), Hydrogenated Ethylhexyl Olivate (http://www.specialchem4cosmetics.com/services/inci/ingredient.aspx?id=5735)

Scent: Soft, light floral

Product Packaging: Squeeze bottle with a snap top.

Hair Milk Nourishing & Conditioning Styling Pudding 

( 8 ounce jar is 12.00 at Target. I received a sample size of this product which is pictured)

Product Claim: Instantly stop shedding and frizz. For damaged, fragile , frizzy and unruly hair. No sulfates, no parabens, no mineral oils, no artificial colors and no petroleum. This creamy pudding is every girl’s styling must-have. It gives curls, coils, kinks, and waves extra control, and it’s perfect to hold any style without weighing hair down or leaving behind a sticky, flaky residue. It’s packed with Agave Nectar to ensure a high-shine finish, Guar Gum to give hair perfect control and Avocado Oil to leave it soft, healthy and beautiful. 

Ingredients: Water, Ethylhexyl Palmitate (http://www.truthinaging.com/ingredients/ethylhexyl-palmitate), Glycerin, Fragrance (Parfum), Aguzve Tequilana Stem Extract (http://ingredientsofcosmetics.com/ingredient/agave%20tequilana%20stem%20extract)

Scent: unable to smell due to packaging


I can't WAIT to try this line out. Until then....Love, Peace and Curls





No comments:

Post a Comment